Contact: apconf [at] gmail [dot] com
Awarded 2013: PhD, History of Science, Technology and Medicine, Imperial College London, UK
- Thesis: ‘Engineers in India: Industrialisation, Indianisation and the State, 1900-47’ (supervisors: Prof. David Edgerton and Dr Abigail Woods)
Awarded 2008: MSc, History of Science, Medicine and Technology, University of Oxford, UK
Awarded 2005: BE (Hons), Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani, India
Academic & professional profile
2013 – present: Faculty member at Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
2009-2010: Teaching Assistant, Imperial College London
- ‘“Indigenous Knowledge” and “Science” in the Age of Globalization’, IIM Kozhikode Society & Management Review, Vol. 3, No. 1 (January 2014), pp. 101-107.
- ‘International networks and aircraft manufacture in late-colonial India: Hindustan Aircraft Limited, 1940-47’, presented at the Annual Meeting of the Society for the History of Technology (SHOT), Albuquerque (2015).
- ‘Extra-Imperial Influences in Indian Industrialisation: The technical experts of the Tata steel works, c. 1900-40’, paper presented at the World Business History Conference, Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany (2014).
- ‘Prospects for Business History Education in India’, presented at conference titled ‘Business History in Africa, Asia and Latin America: Integrating Course Development and New Research’, held at Harvard Business School (2014).
- ‘“British Integrity, Resource and Impartiality”: Indianisation and the Culture of Public Works Engineering, 1900-40’, presented at seminar on ‘Aspects of Science, Technology & Medicine in Colonial and Post-Colonial India’, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Madras (2015).
- ‘Engineers, Technology and Industry in India: Perspectives from History’, talk delivered at ‘R&D Day’ of Shell Technology Centre, Bangalore (2014).
Awards & distinctions
2015, 2016: International Scholar, Society for the History of Technology (SHOT)
2014: Charles Wallace India Trust short research grant for archival work in the UK
2008, 2009, 2010: Hans Rausing Scholarship for PhD studies at CHOSTM, Imperial College London
2006-2007: Bharat Petroleum Scholarship for Higher Studies for MSc studies at the University of Oxford
2002: All-India Finalist, Lucent Global Science Scholars Program, organised by Lucent Technologies and the Institute of International Education (IIE), in Bangalore, India